Friday, October 31, 2008

This is Halloween... This is Halloween....

I've got the song from "Nightmare Before Christmas" stuck in my head. I'm in an exceptionally good mood, probably due in no small part to the unending amount of sugary sweets I have ingested in the past 24 hours.

You see, newspeople are big snackers. We crunch and munch all day long, which is interesting if you think about it, because most of us are amazingly trim. Well, at least I am, I can't really make promises about the rest of the staff. But the big question is, how do we stay so svelte despite the constant eating?

Now, me personally, I made a deal with the Devil; my eternal soul in exchange for the body of a Grecian God. The anchors and reporters, however, probably just work out.

Okay, this is going nowhere, so here's some local links. You see, Oklahoma Magazine, a fine publication that inexplicably has yet to ask for my writing submissions, recently compiled a list of the best Oklahoma blogs. It's a great article, despite the one glaring oversight. You see, the DB!, the world's greatest collection of nonsensical ramblings, was left off the list. Perhaps I'm too new, and they're worried I may not stick around. Perhaps they're biased against tiny bald men. Perhaps they simply don't know. However, considering Ben the Breakfast Blogger in Chicago can give me some 'props,' I'm a little disappointed in my Oklahomies.

Anyway, here's some of my favorite local links.

First, Oklahoma Rock is Ryan LaCroix's love letter to local music. Besides being bald and awesome, like your other favorite blogger, LaCroix is informed and passionate about the Oklahoma music scene, and he shares his wisdom with you!

Second, La Vida Skeeter is a locally produced webcomic about the lives of mosquitoes. It's well drawn and quite funny, and created by FOX23's own photojournalist, Lee Carter.

Third, DJ Erb is a mash-em-up DJ who mixes and mashes all sorts of music styles to create grand new compositions. He has mad skillz, as the kids say, so check out his stuff!

Here's some other nonsense from around your world. Have a safe and happy Halloween, and write Oklahoma Magazine and tell them how much you love me.

* David Tennant is out as the Doctor! Doctor who? Exactly.

* Build your own Haunted Mansion. Instead of making you buy the game, Disney is letting you download and build your own! So, it's like getting something, and doing all the work, all at the same time. And no, this won't count as "worked for Disney" on your resume.

* It's not too late to embarrass your dog, and your whole family, this Halloween!

* Now, personally, I'm voting for Paul Tay for president, but in case you're considering one of the other two, here's a little insight into one of their family happenings.

* A pic from the new Ron Howard/Tom Hanks sacreligious film 'Angels and Demons,' which, despite the title, does not actually have angels or demons in the film. Just a bunch of Catholics.

* Boston is the biggest sissy city on the planet. Proof here. Old proof here. I actually lived in Boston when the city went nuts over the Aqua Teen ads. As a huge supporter of Aqua Teen and malarkey in general, I was pleased.

Okay, I'm wrapping this up. I have to go find white dye for my eyebrows. No, this has nothing to do with Halloween. Why do you ask?

2 comments:

Ryan said...

aww...Hilton...

LeeMinus321 said...

Your blog's looking great! OK Mag missed the mark completely : ) Funny, funny, and more funny! Thanks for the props, man. Keep up the good work!