Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Notoriety!

Well, the wily Evil Producer has paid me back in spades for my assault on his character yesterday. He was boothing the 7am show, because Lydia had to do the 5 and 6 because Andrea was out sick. (An aside: Feel better, Andrea. We miss you.) So, Scott was out of my 'hair' for a wonderful change of pace, when suddenly my desk phone rings:

Me: "FOX23! Good morning!"
Scott (Evil): "Hey buddy, are you watching the show?"
Me: "Dude, you know I can't watch the show. I have to listen to scanners."
Scott (Evil): "Well, you should watch in about 30 seconds."
Me: "So, I should forgo my job responsibilities because you have some self-serving nonsense cued up for my entertainment?"
Scott (Evil): "Just watch!"

So, I turned up the sound on the TV that monitors our show, completely disregarding scanners (and your safety,) and suddenly, there it was, the worst possible thing that could have ever possibly happened.

Ann and Ron talked about this blog on the air.

Within minutes, the phone started ringing. Viewers from all over Green Country were livid about the dangerous and surely subversive words within these postings. One woman openly wept on the phone with me for ten minutes, while an older man invented whole new obscenities to describe my Internet contribution. There was prayer for my soul, condemnation for my soul, and at least one claim that I had no soul. My words (and my soul) have never garnered this much attention.

Yesterday, life was good. I was about to become wealthy Nigerian royalty, and leave behind this crazy world of TV news. Now, not only has my identity been stolen, but my blog, the one last bastion of sanity I have in this crazy fast-paced, seat-of-your-pants world, is now open for public consumption.

So, read at your own risk. And please, send money.

* Of course, it could be worse. We could have a new co-host!

* It could also be far more embarrassing, like these Japanese commercials featuring your favorite stars!

* File under: I can't find anything else about Batman to talk about. Comic Book sales are up!

* Finally, here's a quick step-by-step to be more like me!

No comments: