Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Some days are busier than others...

Scott was giving me grief from the minute I walked in this morning.

"I'm disappointed, buddy," he said, in that I'm-your-friend-but-also-your-boss manner he has. I threw some snark back at him, he accused me of being cynical (who, me?!), and we settled into our usual push and pull relationship.

Essentially, his words were just. He was sad that I hadn't updated the blog since Thursday. Admittedly, so was I, because sitting here chatting with you folks is a heck of a lot better than some of my other responsibilities. Finalizing archive DVDs, for example, has all the creative input of stabbing myself in the hand with an ink pen. Actually, check that, a good ink pen stab can at least be a little creative.

However, blogging is also quite possibly my lowest priority responsibility-wise, only slightly above eating lunch and periodically using the restroom facilities. Scott knows this, and he also knows I was juggling extra responsibilities on both Friday and Monday, with Mike being out of the newsroom and some breaking news rearing it's relevant head. So, I'm going to chock his words up to friendly encouragement. Then, as you've now witnessed, I'm going to throw a little grief right back at him here on the Internet, when he's out of the newsroom and unable to defend himself.

"New post, buddy. Hope you like it." :)

* Bible reading marathon on Italian TV! You know, I'm disappointed that Lost isn't coming back for a few months, too, but surely there's something a little more exciting to keep us busy in the interim.

* Starbucks denies wasting water! Now, wasting money, wasting time, wasting our ability to decide what does and doesn't matter in this life? The jury's still out on those...

* There's more doom and gloom on the world economic stage. Things look a little better today, but there's still this pervading feeling that we're all going to die penniless. Now, I've been more or less penniless for as long as I can remember, so it doesn't necessarily affect me. Of course, I did spend the opening couple 'graphs ripping on one of my bosses, so you factor in my impending unemployment and.... well, you get the idea.

* Suddenly Africa is looking pretty cool. Not only does the country not have a stock market, but they also get a cool light show today.

* Need to test yourself on the US Presidential election? Well, check out this British news site for a great quiz on the subject. Nothing like going overseas for the good news right here at home.

* The White House flips the bird at Oklahoma. I bet things would be different if we had been a battleground state.

*Bill Murray is considering Ghostbusters 3! This is the greatest news in the entire world, at least until I find some story about Batman. However, Murray claims Ghostbusters 2 was not very good, a point I take serious issue with. How dare he speak ill of Vigo! Murray is like the buzzing of flies to him!

* Ever wonder what a Subway restaurant looks like in Sweden? Wonder no more!

* South Korea dismisses North Korea. These guys are like the Hatfields and the McCoys of the world stage, and we all know how well that story ends.

* 1 in 4 mammals doomed to extinction. NOT IT!

* Sega releases an electronic plant. ... ... ... ... Wow, I've got nothing.

* Finally, Batman!

No comments: