Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday mutterings...

So, admittedly, my blogging may have been less than consistent last week. I have good reasons, though. I was knee deep in the new world order, a crazy place where Obama is President-elect, and Scott still works here. Oh well, I suppose half a victory is a victory nonetheless.

Scott got an iPhone last week. I know this because he comes by my desk every 45 seconds to show me the latest "app" he's downloaded. I've watched him find restaurants here in town, scratch a pseudo-turntable over his favorite hip-hop hits, and light a fake Zippo and offer to light my cigarette. I want an iPhone, I admit it, but only after they develop the app that creates an electric fence around my person, or sends out an EMP to make Scott's iPhone useless. Zap, pow, oh, I'm sorry, did your iPhone just become a paperweight? So sad....

* Winter's here, or at least it's on its way. I know this because I am cold and miserable, and not just the usual cold and miserable that comes with being bald, skinny, and cynical. It's a whole new cold and miserable, and it makes me wish there was snow so I could ball some up and chuck it at somebody. Oh, wait, nevermind, problem solved.

* George W. Bush is the most unpopular person on the planet. Okay, perhaps that honor still belongs to Snidely Whiplash, but surely George is 2nd.

* The Space Station is getting some improvements. Among the list of important additions, a system to turn urine into drinking water. Also on the list, a way to make me no longer want to be an astronaut.

* Finally, Obama is a superhero. Here's proof. Congratulations, Sir, and good luck.

No comments: