Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble gobble gobble!

This is my favorite time of the year in the news business. Things are a little more light-hearted. Breaking news tends to be more infrequent. Silliness abounds. It's awesome.

For instance, today they taped a segment where Ron calls the Butterball hotline. Now, first things first, did you even know Butterball had a hotline? I sure didn't. Furthermore, do you know why people would even call it? I didn't. But now I do, and it was fun to watch Ron cut up a bit while dealing with Butterball reps and their awesome hold music! Although, admittedly, they played "Chocolate Rain," in the booth during the segment. I doubt that's what was really on the hold music.

I'm off tomorrow. Yahoo! So, when you see Sharon live somewhere (I know where, but you have to wait to find out) it's not my handiwork you see. It's Henry's. So, thank Henry.

Thanks, Henry!

Me? I'll be home sleeping. Or cooking. Some silly people are trusting me to make Thanksgiving dinner. Listen, you read my blog. Would you trust me to cook? I wouldn't, and I KNOW me.

Okay, let's get on to the links. However, before we start, I just want to wish all 5 of you who read this blog a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I hope you take a moment and consider what you're thankful for. Me? I'm thankful for Mike and Scott and Lee and Carrie and Sharon and Brian and Andrea and Lydia and Amanda and Henry and Stephen and Ron and Ann and LaDonna and Billy and Todd and Holly and Jeff and Taylor and Abbie and Kaci and everybody else. Pretty much all of FOX23. They rock. Most of all, I'm thankful for you, dear reader. You're the reason I'm doing this.

Well, okay, you and because Scott tells me I have to.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

And now, links!

Need an easy stuffing recipe? Here you go!

Wow. I never thought I needed to know how to make a stuffed Bantha, but I also didn't think I'd ever be thankful for Scott. Live and learn.

Scott's iPhone needs: to be a Blackberry Storm!

You know what? That's it. Turkey's a'callin'.
-h

No comments: